A spectator is asked to participate in an experiment of stop-smoking hypnosis. She pretends to smoke an imaginary cigarette, and feels as if a real one was being used: she vividly visualizes its gray smoke, smells and tastes the tobacco, feels like coughing, etc... She then brings this invisible cigarette closer to her hand, causing a noticeable warming sensation; and when she finally decides to stub it out on her hand, she feels a sharp burn!
You can present the effect under any conditions: it seems completely impromptu and gimmickless, with the performer away at all times.
- No pre-show, no prepping of spectators, no warm-up round (the effect can be used as an opener), no advance work, no preparation of the physical environment, no assistants, obviously no stooges (not even instant stooges); the effect can be presented on the spot for an audience of complete strangers, in virtually any conditions, from intimate performances in your friend's living room to full stage shows.
- The participant is in full view at all times, and is never touched by anybody. No marks, no traces left. You start clean and end clean, with hands shown empty before, during and after the effect. No jacket or long sleeves required.
- No long scripts to memorize, no cheat sheets, no prompters, no convoluted plots.
- No real cigarette is ever lighted: the effect can be performed in non-smoking environments. A non-smokers version is also included.
- ALL outs are covered.
- Can be repeated immediately.
Author: Dr. Fabio Tabbo'
Number of pages: 173
Illustrations: 21 pictures
Binding: 5.5 x 8.5 perfect bound with gloss-laminated cover
ISSN: 1715-8486 (Close-up Hypnosis Vol. 1)
This is a book every magician should read. I’m sure you’ve all heard that you should be prepared for all possibilities in every trick you perform, but how many of you have actually done it? I really mean ALL possibilities. If you want to really understand what this means, and you want an example of this amount of preparation, you really need to read this book. This is truly a case where every move, every word, every gesture, every movement, is well-thought out, analyzed, and fully described. If you’ve ever wondered how to improve what you already do, or how to improve your stage presence and performance, this book is a must reading.
top of page
bottom of page